Search Through the Adventures
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Fate vs Chance vs Allie
3. Do you believe events in your life have been guided by fate or chance? Why or why not? Based on the text, what do you think Shakespeare's attitude was towards fate? Does Macbeth have any choice in his actions or was everything predetermined? Use examples from the text as your support.
Before this week, I would have said that my life has been guided by chance, but this past week and a half has completely changed my perspective and I now believe that my life has been guided by fate. Story Time:
This is because the Wednesday before last (11/11) I submitted my application to Meredith College. I LOVE MEREDITH!!! It is my first choice and it is an amazing school. Then, on the following Monday (11/16) I received a phone call saying that I had been accepted, THREE DAYS AFTER I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION!!!!! I was both surprised and ecstatic. After all of this excitement, there was still one more surprise. Today (11/22) I opened a letter that said I can receive $20,000 dollars per year at Meredith based on academic merit!!! This is before financial aid and other numerous scholarships I am applying for. With all of this being said, I believe that fate has influenced my good news on going to Meredith because this has happened in such a short amount of time. Basically, I am meant to go to Meredith.
In terms of Shakespeare, I believe that he believed in fate to a certain extent. This can be shown via the witches that prophecize Macbeth becoming king. I believe that Macbeth would have become king based on the prophecy that the witches created; however, I believe that Macbeth's was in control of his own actions and that he did not need to personally kill Duncan, Banquo, attempt to kill Fleance. Essentially, Macbeth's future was predetermined, but his path leading to his future was his own choice.
PS Happy Birthday Mrs. Genesky!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment