It was amazing on the first day of junior year. I was in Math Studies with Mrs. Kohler and sat at a table with my current best friends. Throughout these last two years, I have found a family. We laugh, we cry, we complain, we fight, but we love each other. I would do anything for my IB fam (and I hope y'all know that).
It was hard. IB was hard. No sugar coating it. But, it has pushed me to become a better student, writer, organizer, time manager... (the list goes on and on). Through IB, I have found what I am passionate for and I have found a career that I want to pursue.
I will miss IB, as much stress as it has put me through. I will miss seeing everyone all day everyday. But I know that we have made bonds that will last a lifetime.
I will be going to my dream college next year learning about the things that I love. I will be super prepared, and that is all thanks to what IB has taught me. IB has changed me for the better. I was challenged, but I overcame everything (and will hopefully make it through exams lol).
(Memes to lighten the mood because I honestly started crying trying to write/rewrite this blog. It brought up all of the feels trying to reflect upon everything that we have done and I had to keep changing what I was writing. I guess I am too sentimental for my own goo lol. Basically, I love y'all and I am so proud of all of our accomplishments together!!!)
I've already done my comments, but this post rocks. On that note, thanks for being one of my rocks through IB!
ReplyDeleteThis was actually kind of rough for me to read. When you reflected on sitting down with Dawson, Abby, and I in Kohlers class on the first day last year, I really cant believe I've only known you for a year Allie. Im biased obviously but awesome post. Im sure I'll be hearing from you for a long, LONG time to come though. <3
ReplyDeleteAw Allie!!!! (Oof too many exclamation points, sorry lol) I was so happy to read your post because I'm really glad that we became friends because I remember freshman year geometry with you and sure, we were "friendly" (by which I mean acquainted but didn't really talk) but these past two years have most DEFINITELY brought us closer together. Also, I loved the honesty of your blog post and that I learned a new thing about you along the way! I did not know that IB helped you find what you want to do in life and I think that's epic! Anyways, I also really liked the memes you found about IB especially the very first one, about staying up until 4am talking about homework. And I know this technically isn't about your blog, but it's worth mentioning in my comment: I'm really thankful to have gotten to know you and be friends with you and go on spring break together and sit through random Mamel Monologues in Psych and complain about #struggles, statistics, humans, and bad drivers, and talk about Starbucks and knitting (which I cannot do) and college. Even through the stress of everything, you manage to be a rad person, which I might (read: definitely) not always be, and that's awesome. I love your final blog post's reflection and brutally honest memes, and I'll miss you next year but I know we'll still talk. So glad you're going to your dream school and that you're a great friend! (And just think about how much less stressful life will be in a month woot woot)
ReplyDelete